Connect with us!

RSS Feed

Four debates to be held by GOP candidates for John Barrow’s seat

Special to SEGAZINE

Business Rick Allen and former congressional aide John Stone have agreed to four primary debates.
Source: Statesboro Herald

 Polk County senior citizen centers to take major hit if shutdown continues
If the federal de-funding continues past October 15, senior citizen locations will be impacted.
Source: The Polk Fish-Wrap

Government shutdown: Furloughed civilian workers eligible for unemployment checks
The impasse will have to last through next week before most, if not all, of those idled without pay would reach the financial point at which they could receive benefits capping out at $330 per week.
Source: Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

• Audio: CDC director says U.S. is less safe after shutdown
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Tom Frieden says the country is less safe than it was prior to the partial federal government shutdown.
Source: WABE.org 

• Third day of shutdown could mean more trouble ahead
The Treasury Department warned that a deadlock over raising the nation’s debt limit could touch off a new recession even worse than the last one that Americans are still recovering from.
Source: AccessNorthGa.com/AP 

Poll shows most Georgians blame Democrats for government shutdown
The survey of 1,000 active voters was conducted Tuesday and has a 3 percent margin of error: t showed that 33 percent of those questioned blame President Barack Obama for the shutdown, 13 percent blame the Democrats who control the Senate – a combined 46 percent. On the other hand, 39 percent fault the Republicans who control the House of Representatives, and 14 percent consider both sides equally culpable. 
Source: Athens Banner-Herald

State Sen. Renee Unterman urges reining in Medicaid, Medicare ‘super utilizers’
“If we do not rein in the dual eligibles in the state of Georgia, in all of the states of the nation, we are in serious, serious trouble,” she told attendees to the State of Public Health conference in Athens.
Source: Athens Banner-Herald

Deborah Wallace named interim state inspector general
The state inspector general investigates complaints against state agencies and employees. The office is currently reviewing an ethics complaint filed against Gov. Deal.
Source: Athens Banner-Herald

Three lawmakers want license plates for bikes
A bill supported by three Georgia lawmakers calls for requiring owners of bicycles used on roads to register with the state and obtain a license plate, or face a $100 fine.
Source: Atlanta Business Chronicle

Kent Hoover: Democrats turn to small businesses to highlight pain caused by government shutdown
“Democrats turned to small businesses Thursday as allies in their battle to force House Republicans to end the government shutdown.”
Source: Atlanta Business Chronicle

Political Insider: Among first to sign up for Obamacare: A college student from Georgia
“Enroll America, the organization plugging Obamacare, is putting out the name of Chad Henderson of Georgia as one of the first to sign up for a health care policy under the Affordable Care Act.”
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

House Speaker Ralston visits Lee County
Ralston told reporters he believes state lawmakers are able to work together for the benefit of the state and ensure things keep moving.
Source: Albany Herald

 

Western Winter Bat Sleeve Fur Collar Women Cardiganbanner

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>