The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been called in to assist in the probe of an armed robbery of an east side business Sunday.
According to the Brantley County Sheriff’s Department, an employee of the Dollar General on Post Road North reported that three black men wearing masks — two of whom carried handguns — entered the store and took money from the clerk before fleeing on foot.
Sheriff’s officials tracked the three to an area just north of the store where they apparently got into a vehicle and left the area.
The incident remains under investigation.
In other activity:
• Deputies responded to the area of the 200 block of Blue Jay Loop in reference to theft by taking. The complainant stated a large radiator had been taken from his property within the past five days.
• Marianne Howell, 37, was arrested and charged with DUI, failure to maintain lane, striking a fixed object and expired driver’s license. Howell had hydroplaned and ran off the roadway on U.S. Highway 301 near mile marker 8, and struck a road marker. She was found to be under the influence of alcohol and her license was expired.
• Deputies responded to the area of Buster Walker Road in reference to an abandoned vehicle. The 1994 Ford F-150 was in the roadway and was deemed a hazard and was towed from the roadway.
• Deputies responded to the area of the 10100 block of Main Street North in reference to forgery in the first degree. The complainant stated some unknown person had passed one of his checks from a closed account.
• Deputies responded to the area of the 26000 block of U.S. Highway 82 East in reference to theft by taking, unauthorized use of vehicle and criminal trespass. The complainant stated he had allowed a friend’s stepson to borrow his truck and he has not returned it. He also stated the offender had taken his chainsaw and case from under his shed.
• Deputies responded to the area of U.S. Highway 82 East in reference to damage to a vehicle. The complainant stated a vehicle ran her off the road near the OREMC building at the east city limits of Nahunta and to avoid a collision she pulled away from the vehicle and struck the curb causing the front right hubcap to come off her vehicle and now her vehicle pulls to the left.
• Deputies were dispatched to the area of Georgia Highway 110 West in reference to a domestic dispute. The complainant stated the offender had stolen his debit card and was driving a black Chevrolet Z-71 pickup truck. Deputies stopped the alleged offender in the truck and she stated she did not have the debit card and complainant had been drinking and the card was still in the complainant’s wallet.
• Jennie Brown, 66, was found unresponsive by family members at her home in the 6800 block of Seed Orchard Road. Mrs. Brown has had medical issue for some time.